Sunday, April 24, 2011

General info on Lord Perry Patterns

Happy Easter, everyone-
Due to the holiday, I will not be doing any work on patterns. (although, if I watch a movie this evening, I may be hand sewing something).Some of you are new to Lord Perry Patterns, so I will restate information that I have distributed to my existing customers:
-Lord Perry Patterns are meant to fit closely.  They are meant for collectors of OOAKs who want to design their own collections or for artists who are in the business of selling their designs.  Seam allowances are always a "scant" 1/4 inch (somewhere between 1/8th and 1/4 inch).  Sleeves and bodices are usually snug and not particularly suitable for small children.
-Certain pattern pieces (usually sleeves) may be slightly lopsided on one side; this is deliberate as fashion doll arms are not flexible and they will hang better if you ease the sides together. (the newer ball jointed arms will change that logic and newer patterns will reflect alterations.
-All patterns are designed with at least two views, but most designers are able to create many, many different views by simply altering trim and/or accessory options.  I have actually seen my design used at a doll show where the same pattern was used to create over 10 different dolls.  Each of them looked so different that only an experienced sewer realized the same pattern was used!

Geneva White   Lordperrypattern@aol.com  Lordperrypattern.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment